New Year = Resolutions!
This year I have decided to make a big resolution and it has been inspired by a Blogger I just love, Hannah Braime.
We all know that in order to be a better Blogger you need to read more right? Also, readers are leaders!
I’ll admit that I really love to read but usually find myself feeling either too tired or just too busy to open a new book and get stuck in, which is why I told The Thirty-something Dad that this is one challenge we are not going to fail at! My bullet journal has been prepped to help me keep track and I am hoping that this challenge will teach me to dedicate more time to reading books.
How it works
Use Hannah’s list of prompts to help decide on new books to read during 2017. Read a new book from the list every 2 weeks.
2017 Reading Challenge Prompts
- A book you read in school
- A book from your childhood
- A book published over 100 years ago
- A book published in the last year
- A non-fiction book
- A book written by a male author
- A book written by a female author
- A book by someone who isn’t a writer (think Paul Kalathani or Richard Branson)
- A book that became/is becoming a film
- A book published in the 20th Century
- A book set in your hometown/region
- A book with someone’s name in the title
- A book with a number in the title
- A book with a character with your first name
- A book someone else recommended to you
- A book with over 500 pages
- A book you can finish in a day
- A previously banned book
- A book with a one-word title
- A book translated from another language
- A book that will improve a specific area of your life
- A memoir or journal
- A book written by someone younger than you
- A book set somewhere you’ll be visiting this year
- An award-winning book
- A self-published book
Have you recently fallen in love with a book? Tell me so that I can add it to my 26 book list 🙂